- Amorphis – Circle
- Gates Of Hell – Critical Obsession
- Master Musicians of Bukkake – Far West
- Chasing Dragons – Take Flight For A Firefight
- Airbourne – Black Dog Barking
- Sound Of Contact – Dimensionaut
- Malefice – V
- Children of Bodom – Halo of Blood
- Mad Hatter 2.0 – Deconstruct
- Ruined Families – Blank Language
- Fantasist – Fantasist
- Steak Number Eight – The Hutch
- Lifeforms – Multidimensional
- Dan Reed Talks To ThisIsNotAScene
- Honningbarna – Verden Er Enkel
- Earsplit PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team Up to Offer The Latest Release From Thinning The Herd, "Freedom From The Known"
- Sound Of Contact Offer Video Teaser For Upcoming Album "Dimensionaut" & First Single 'Not Coming down'
- Journey, Whitesnake and Thunder UK Tour
- Viral Propaganda PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team to Stream the latest Album from Scarred
- Earsplit PR Teams With ThisIsNotAScene To Stream The Debut Album From In The Silence, A Fair Dream Gone Mad
- Slayer's Jeff Hanneman Passes Away
- Record Label Launch - Cruel Nature Records
- World Premier of ‘Trakthor’, from Zolle's Self Titled Release
- Clutch To Return To The UK In July
- Earsplit PR & ThisIsNotAScene Team Up To Stream The Latest Album From The Unclean, "The Eagle"
- Coilguns Announce UK Tour Dates & Release 'Commuters' Studio Report Part 2
- ThisIsNotAScene Presents An Exclusive Stream Of 7 Weeks Latest Album 'Carnivora'
- Godsized '11th Hour' Tour Diary (Part 1)
- Godsized Release New Video, Free Single & UK/European Tour
- Bay Area Thrashers Heathen Announce One-Off Show In London
Posted on April 10, 2013 | 4 CommentsIndeed, it is a time for sadness and reflection as well as a time for celebration, as ‘The Last Spire’ represents the final outing of doom legends Cathedral; sad, obviously, as the band are retiring and we will no longer be graced by their presence,...
Posted on October 24, 2012 | 3 CommentsI had to check Wikipedia twice to make sure Witch Mountain actually come from Portland, Oregon. It would be so beautifully fitting if they hailed from Salem. Maybe it’s their moniker. Maybe it’s the fact their first album proper in 2011 was titled “South of...
Posted on September 4, 2012 | No CommentsFinland has very healthy metal scene containing many celebrated bands. Many of them take their cues from folk music and extreme metal, however Hooded Menace keeps things old school in capital letters. Let’s see what their latest effort, entitled “Effigies Of Evil” has to offer....
Posted on July 14, 2012 | No CommentsOriginally released in 2008 on Lee Dorrian’s Rise Above Records, “Iron Will” is the fourth album from Sweden’s Grand Magus and has no doubt been kindly re-issued to coincide with the release of their latest album on Nuclear Blast named “The Hunt”, which is shaping...
Posted on July 13, 2012 | No CommentsSometimes you get handed ones like this – an album from a band who you’ve never heard of and a swift trek through the realms of the worldwide web brings back nothing except for a couple of album cover pictures and the name of their...
Posted on June 14, 2012 | 2 CommentsEvery band needs to start somewhere. Have a venue where music lovers can lend an ear to the newest offering, especially in a city sputtering with talented hopefuls. Las Vegas, USA is not always the first city you think of when it comes to great...
Posted on June 4, 2012 | No CommentsJapan’s Church of Misery are a band that I’d been hearing quite a bit about recently, so when I was given the opportunity to review the re-release of their second album, the appropriately named “The Second Coming” I leapt at the chance. Before listening to...
Posted on May 29, 2012 | No CommentsUndersmile are a band from Oxford, England who make an absurdly slow racket commonly known as sludge. Apart from coming from Oxford and not New Orleans, what marks this band out as ‘something a little bit different’ is the fact that they are fronted by...
Posted on April 15, 2012 | No CommentsDense in sound and emotion, powerful in intensity and shadows, and vast in depth and structure, the debut album from US doomsters Pallbearer announces their full step onto the metal ladder, and at an immediate heady height. “Sorrow And Extinction” is an impressive album richly...
Posted on March 29, 2012 | No CommentsThere are those who question the validity of music like the sort of droning sludge that California’s Black Sheep Wall make. Some people – believe it or not – don’t really like the repetitive, downtuned guitars and strained vocals that sound like the singer is...
Posted on February 26, 2012 | No CommentsEvile, Cerebral Bore & Savage Messiah HMV Next Big Thing – The Ritz, Manchester 11th February 2012 A lot has happened in twenty five years. For one record label this has included unleashing early extreme metal on the world, including many recognisable names like Napalm...
Posted on January 18, 2012 | No CommentsSometimes imitation really is the sincerest form of flattery. Pilgrim are a three piece doom metal outfit, hailing from the rather charming shores of Rhode Island, USA but with their hearts firmly entranced in the industrial heartlands of the English Midlands, the spiritual home of...
Posted on December 17, 2011 | No CommentsThis live double CD set from Cathedral is at once a glorious celebration of a band who were not only inspirational, but who also virtually came to define what “doom” metal could and would be. Recorded at one of their final ever UK shows in...
Posted on March 26, 2011 | No CommentsVolcom Entertainment is proud to join forces with legendary doom guitarist/vocalist Victor Griffin (Pentagram, Death Row, Cathedral) and PLACE OF SKULLS