- OPM – Golden State of Mind
- The Red Paintings, Rouge Fonce & Solkyri @ The Espy, Melbourne – June 15, 2013
- Dark Tranquillity – Construct
- Palms – Palms
- Sannhet – Known Flood
- Sons Of Aeon – Sons Of Aeon
- Delain – Interlude
- Queensrÿche – Queensrÿche
- The Pineapple Thief – Build A World
- Black Sabbath – 13
- Ramlord – Crippled Minds, Sundered Wisdom
- My Ruin – The Sacred Mood
- Immolation – Kingdom of Conspiracy
- Interview – Trash McSweeney Of The Red Paintings Talks To ThisIsNotAScene (Part two)
- Monochromie – Enlighten Yourself While You Sleep
- Skid Row & Ugly Kid Joe Announce UK/European Tour Dates
- Earsplit PR & ThisIsNotAScene Team Up To Stream Latest Album From Be'lakor, "Of Breath and Bone"
- Universal To Release Jimi Hendrix: The Guitar Hero (Director's Cut) DVD/Blu-Ray
- Earsplit PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team Up to Offer The Latest Release From Thinning The Herd, "Freedom From The Known"
- Sound Of Contact Offer Video Teaser For Upcoming Album "Dimensionaut" & First Single 'Not Coming down'
- Journey, Whitesnake and Thunder UK Tour
- Viral Propaganda PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team to Stream the latest Album from Scarred
- Earsplit PR Teams With ThisIsNotAScene To Stream The Debut Album From In The Silence, A Fair Dream Gone Mad
- Slayer's Jeff Hanneman Passes Away
- Record Label Launch - Cruel Nature Records
- World Premier of ‘Trakthor’, from Zolle's Self Titled Release
- Clutch To Return To The UK In July
- Earsplit PR & ThisIsNotAScene Team Up To Stream The Latest Album From The Unclean, "The Eagle"
- Coilguns Announce UK Tour Dates & Release 'Commuters' Studio Report Part 2
- ThisIsNotAScene Presents An Exclusive Stream Of 7 Weeks Latest Album 'Carnivora'
Posted on June 4, 2013 | 2 CommentsThe self-titled album from Danish dark hardcore annihilators Kollapse is a release which thrills and ignites the passions just as much as it disappoints. Forging a raw and abrasive tsunami of sonic violence and heavily intense provocation, band and album sear and scar the senses...
Posted on February 11, 2013 | 1 CommentKowloon Walled City; A caged world all its own in Kowloon, Hong Kong that once housed 33,000 people in a 6.5-acre of space; high rates of prostitution, gambling and drug use, not to mention unsanitary working conditions, filled by 12h days of passed down trade...
Posted on September 18, 2012 | No CommentsEvery new release by sludge meisters Down is something to look forward to. The band’s latest release is so-called “The Purple EP”, which is the first in a sequence of four different EP’s which will all showcase a different side of the band. Drummer Jimmy...
Posted on September 15, 2012 | No CommentsDown is a metal supergroup consisting of (former) members of Crowbar, Eyehategod, Pantera and Corrosion Of Conformity. Their “Nola” and “Over The Under” albums are key albums within the whole sludge/doom metal genre. Now Phil Anselmo and his musical partners in crime are back with...
Posted on August 3, 2012 | No CommentsLooking for a quiet night of existential introspection? Sydney’s psychedelic journeyers Adrift for Days are launching their acclaimed, droning epic “Come Midnight…” at a free showcase on Friday 10 August at the Lansdowne Hotel. They are joined by Australia’s foremost doom band Space Bong. Over...
Posted on July 19, 2012 | No CommentsWhen the word came out that EyeHateGod was available for interviews, ThisIsNotAScene writer, Christine, moved heaven and earth, well maybe not heaven and earth but she did shift her work schedule for the interview. They talked about the new album, touring, side projects and much more…...
Posted on July 6, 2012 | No CommentsThey must put something in the water in the US state of Georgia. Atlanta three-piece Sons of Tonatiuh are the latest primal sludge metal act to emerge from the southern swamps that have produced Kylesa, Black Tusk, Baroness and even the mighty Mastodon in recent...
Posted on July 3, 2012 | No CommentsOK, I admit that I requested this due to the name, and upon hearing this five track EP I have to say I wasn’t disappointed. Filth encrusted, primitive blackened sludge from “the backwoods of deepest Georgia”, Dead Southern Bishop have served up a treat that references...
Posted on May 13, 2012 | No CommentsHave you ever had a really sticky candy? Like a cheap-but-tasty, too-dense jellybean? Or a molar-ripping caramel-filled chocolate bar? Something that is gummy and irresistible and so tasty—and possibly just a bit poisonous… That is what Nachtvorst’s “Silence” is, in sonic form. This is chewy,...
Posted on April 27, 2012 | No CommentsFormed in California in 1992 and disbanding in 2004 and reforming in 2007 is quite a history already. Through time before and after disbanding line up shuffles occurred but were able to land a deal with Relapse Records and release their “debut” in 2009 and...
Posted on April 4, 2012 | No CommentsFrench quartet Hypno5e plays sample-infused, slightly “progressive” metal. The scare quotes are unfortunately necessary; the prog element takes the form of complex arrangements and the mixture of the light and the heavy, rather than real innovation. These guys can play and have some good ideas,...
Posted on March 15, 2012 | No CommentsHazzard’s Cure are a San Francisco based outfit comprised of Chris Baechle on drums, Shane Bergman on bass and Chris Corona and Leo Buckley on guitar. On their Facebook page they describe their influences as Weed, Beer and Metal, which are three words that come...
Posted on November 19, 2011 | No CommentsNew Orleans' hardcore, blues-based, post-amplification, dirge-doers EYEHATEGOD are set to head East this December to further their audio decimation.
Posted on August 17, 2011 | No CommentsOozing from the gritty North West of England, the whiskey soaked, sludge metallers Iron Witch are about to unleash their debut EP on an unsuspecting public, through Witch Hunter Records. Taking influence from such luminaries as Black Sabbath, Sleep and St.Vitus, mixed in with a...
Posted on May 4, 2011 | No Comments“Hierophant” is the debut release by Italian 5-piece Hierophant. The band, consisting of Karl (vocals), Lollo (Guitar), Rob (Guitar), Ben (Drums) and Matt (Bass) formed in late 2009 and quickly recorded their first promo, which has helped them play over 100 gigs to date supporting...
Posted on January 29, 2011 | No CommentsMISERY INDEX has been confirmed for a number of European summer festivals including Neurotic Death Fest (Netherlands), Death Feast (Germany), Will Full Force Festival (Germany), and Tuska Metal Fest (Finland).