- OPM – Golden State of Mind
- The Red Paintings, Rouge Fonce & Solkyri @ The Espy, Melbourne – June 15, 2013
- Dark Tranquillity – Construct
- Palms – Palms
- Sannhet – Known Flood
- Sons Of Aeon – Sons Of Aeon
- Delain – Interlude
- Queensrÿche – Queensrÿche
- The Pineapple Thief – Build A World
- Black Sabbath – 13
- Ramlord – Crippled Minds, Sundered Wisdom
- My Ruin – The Sacred Mood
- Immolation – Kingdom of Conspiracy
- Interview – Trash McSweeney Of The Red Paintings Talks To ThisIsNotAScene (Part two)
- Monochromie – Enlighten Yourself While You Sleep
- Earsplit PR & ThisIsNotAScene Team Up To Stream Latest Album From Be'lakor, "Of Breath and Bone"
- Universal To Release Jimi Hendrix: The Guitar Hero (Director's Cut) DVD/Blu-Ray
- Earsplit PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team Up to Offer The Latest Release From Thinning The Herd, "Freedom From The Known"
- Sound Of Contact Offer Video Teaser For Upcoming Album "Dimensionaut" & First Single 'Not Coming down'
- Journey, Whitesnake and Thunder UK Tour
- Viral Propaganda PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team to Stream the latest Album from Scarred
- Earsplit PR Teams With ThisIsNotAScene To Stream The Debut Album From In The Silence, A Fair Dream Gone Mad
- Slayer's Jeff Hanneman Passes Away
- Record Label Launch - Cruel Nature Records
- World Premier of ‘Trakthor’, from Zolle's Self Titled Release
- Clutch To Return To The UK In July
- Earsplit PR & ThisIsNotAScene Team Up To Stream The Latest Album From The Unclean, "The Eagle"
- Coilguns Announce UK Tour Dates & Release 'Commuters' Studio Report Part 2
- ThisIsNotAScene Presents An Exclusive Stream Of 7 Weeks Latest Album 'Carnivora'
- Godsized '11th Hour' Tour Diary (Part 1)
Posted on July 4, 2012 | No CommentsFully instrumental albums can be quite a handful when it comes down to listening, especially when you put three or four virtuosos together in a studio. French instrumental rock/metal outfit Morglbl are the exception to the rule, because their latest album, entitled “Brutal Romance”, is...
Posted on May 22, 2012 | No CommentsGilbert Potts was pretty happy with “Separate Realities”, the debut album of jazz/fusion ensemble Trioscapes. The band’s main man is Between The Buried And Me bassist Dan Briggs. He was more than happy to tell about his latest musical ventures, challenging musical status quo’s and...
Posted on May 20, 2012 | No CommentsI love jazz fusion… I love the denseness of the soundscapes and the non-linear, almost non-melodic, nature of the music. ”Bitches brew” is a particular favourite of mine… it has something super-sonic about it that I can’t quite quantify. I say all this because it...
Posted on May 5, 2012 | No CommentsTrioscapes are a jazz fusion three-piece made up of Walter Fancourt on tenor sax and flute, Dan Briggs (Between the Buried And Me) on bass and Matt Lynch on drums. Rather than go down the path of a band like Xenograft with it’s experimental impro...
Posted on April 6, 2012 | No CommentsOne of my good friends told me about the fusion jazz act T.R.A.M. a few months back, and I was, frankly, pretty intimidated by the prospect of listening to jazz. It is just not my favorite genre, which may be why I have never explored...
Posted on April 3, 2012 | No CommentsEvery time I listen to the latest record from veteran ‘Jam-a-Delic’ German rockers Trigon, I wonder how in the hell I could have missed this band over the last quarter-century it has been in existence. HOW? Unfortunately for me, it’s probably due to the fact...