- Device – Device
- Trucker Diablo – Songs of Iron
- Utopium – Vicious Consolation/Virtuous Totality
- Steve Rathbone Of Lair Of The Minotaur Talks With ThisIsNotAScene
- Demon Lung – The Hundredth Name
- Amorphis – Circle
- Gates Of Hell – Critical Obsession
- Master Musicians of Bukkake – Far West
- Chasing Dragons – Take Flight For A Firefight
- Airbourne – Black Dog Barking
- Sound Of Contact – Dimensionaut
- Malefice – V
- Children of Bodom – Halo of Blood
- Mad Hatter 2.0 – Deconstruct
- Ruined Families – Blank Language
- Earsplit PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team Up to Offer The Latest Release From Thinning The Herd, "Freedom From The Known"
- Sound Of Contact Offer Video Teaser For Upcoming Album "Dimensionaut" & First Single 'Not Coming down'
- Journey, Whitesnake and Thunder UK Tour
- Viral Propaganda PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team to Stream the latest Album from Scarred
- Earsplit PR Teams With ThisIsNotAScene To Stream The Debut Album From In The Silence, A Fair Dream Gone Mad
- Slayer's Jeff Hanneman Passes Away
- Record Label Launch - Cruel Nature Records
- World Premier of ‘Trakthor’, from Zolle's Self Titled Release
- Clutch To Return To The UK In July
- Earsplit PR & ThisIsNotAScene Team Up To Stream The Latest Album From The Unclean, "The Eagle"
- Coilguns Announce UK Tour Dates & Release 'Commuters' Studio Report Part 2
- ThisIsNotAScene Presents An Exclusive Stream Of 7 Weeks Latest Album 'Carnivora'
- Godsized '11th Hour' Tour Diary (Part 1)
- Godsized Release New Video, Free Single & UK/European Tour
- Bay Area Thrashers Heathen Announce One-Off Show In London
Gothic Rock Archive
Posted on September 3, 2012 | No CommentsImagine if Till Lindemann from Rammstein joined H.I.M. and you’d have The 69 Eyes, a multi-platinum gothic rock band from the heart of Finland, birth place of Love metal and all things dark. To what would be the bands’ tenth album since forming in 1989,...
Posted on July 29, 2012 | No CommentsCold In Berlin’s goth punk music is angry and belligerent, a dark thread running through the 11 songs on the album. It combines a punk attitude with instrumentation that is at once harsh and – conversely – somewhat restrained. The band seethes, forever ready to...
Posted on July 10, 2012 | No CommentsIn theory, “Melancholia” by September Mourning is very much like Twilight. The opening number ‘Go For The Throat’ tells a dark, depressing story about drinking blood “Can’t drain the blood from empty veins, I need your life – keep me sustained” before serenading us with...
Posted on July 5, 2012 | No CommentsWhat to do, dear reader, when as a reviewer only one influence is immediately apparent? Only one artist springs to mind? One’s references are severely limited. How to paint the canvas with such a limited palette? For let’s not be mistaken, ’tis a pretty picture...
Posted on May 19, 2012 | No CommentsWhat kind of person is Ian Astbury? The Cult frontman has embraced everything from post-punk glam to pseudo-metal toughness, before finally settling comfortably into the plus-sized, Native American-themed throne of bloated rock-poet/beard enthusiast/fraud Jim Morrison.This is the version of Ian Astbury that recorded The Cult‘s...
Posted on April 2, 2012 | No CommentsOriginally released in 2010, Aperion’s debut album “Act of Hybris” has been getting more attention in North America some time after it’s initial appearance. The band, who are based in Slovenia, have a surprisingly full and orchestral sound. With eight full-time members, they are know...
Posted on October 10, 2011 | No CommentsRusty Pacemaker is a multi-instrumentalist from Austria and “Blackness And White Light” is his debut album. Playing lots of guitars, bass, keyboards and even singing, this album almost is a true solo effort – except for drums and female guest vocals. Let’s see what he...
Posted on March 11, 2011 | No CommentsSystem Divide is the new band by Sven de Caluwé of Aborted fame. Together with former members from Abigail Williams and Distorted he founded the band back in 2008. The Conscious Sedation is the title of their debut album. Let’s see what the band has...