- Device – Device
- Trucker Diablo – Songs of Iron
- Utopium – Vicious Consolation/Virtuous Totality
- Steve Rathbone Of Lair Of The Minotaur Talks With ThisIsNotAScene
- Demon Lung – The Hundredth Name
- Amorphis – Circle
- Gates Of Hell – Critical Obsession
- Master Musicians of Bukkake – Far West
- Chasing Dragons – Take Flight For A Firefight
- Airbourne – Black Dog Barking
- Sound Of Contact – Dimensionaut
- Malefice – V
- Children of Bodom – Halo of Blood
- Mad Hatter 2.0 – Deconstruct
- Ruined Families – Blank Language
- Earsplit PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team Up to Offer The Latest Release From Thinning The Herd, "Freedom From The Known"
- Sound Of Contact Offer Video Teaser For Upcoming Album "Dimensionaut" & First Single 'Not Coming down'
- Journey, Whitesnake and Thunder UK Tour
- Viral Propaganda PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team to Stream the latest Album from Scarred
- Earsplit PR Teams With ThisIsNotAScene To Stream The Debut Album From In The Silence, A Fair Dream Gone Mad
- Slayer's Jeff Hanneman Passes Away
- Record Label Launch - Cruel Nature Records
- World Premier of ‘Trakthor’, from Zolle's Self Titled Release
- Clutch To Return To The UK In July
- Earsplit PR & ThisIsNotAScene Team Up To Stream The Latest Album From The Unclean, "The Eagle"
- Coilguns Announce UK Tour Dates & Release 'Commuters' Studio Report Part 2
- ThisIsNotAScene Presents An Exclusive Stream Of 7 Weeks Latest Album 'Carnivora'
- Godsized '11th Hour' Tour Diary (Part 1)
- Godsized Release New Video, Free Single & UK/European Tour
- Bay Area Thrashers Heathen Announce One-Off Show In London
Ipecac Recordings Archive
Posted on April 21, 2013 | 2 CommentsWhat can you say about The Melvins that hasn’t already been said. A band that always defies conventions, time and even logic. 2013 marks the thirtieth anniversary of one of the revered and influential bands within any scene that considers itself heavy, and they have...
Posted on July 21, 2012 | No CommentsItalian trio Guano Padano, Alessandro Stafana on guitar, Danilo Gallo on bass and Zeno de Rossi on drums, released their “Guano Padano” debut album in 2009. It featured a shimmering display of Ennio Morricone infused soundtracks to exotic landscapes and sultry, mysterious characters. That album...
Posted on June 12, 2012 | No CommentsIt must be said from the outset that anyone not familiar with Mike Patton and his breathtakingly diverse body of work would do well to investigate the back catalogue and familiarise themselves with the artist who has successfully taken on any number of disparate projects....
Posted on April 14, 2012 | No CommentsAfter nearly 30 years as a going concern, it’s astonishing just how creative the Melvins (or in this case Melvins Lite) continue to be. Maybe I shouldn’t be surprised given their reputation and back catalogue, but it would be quite easy for a band to...
Posted on March 26, 2012 | No CommentsIn an age of instant widespread communication, there a few surprises. Play “Harmonic” from start to finish and describe what you hear, with no preconceptions. The music is reminiscent of that created in a diminutive recording studio, on vintage equipment using little or no trickery...
Posted on October 16, 2011 | 3 CommentsBased on the book by physicist Paolo Giordano, the film “La Solitudine dei Numeri Primi” directed by Saverio Costanzo in 2010, tells the story of Mattia (who is a mathematical prodigy) and Alice, whose tale of traumatised childhood and teenage isolation, forms the basis of...
Posted on August 27, 2011 | No CommentsRetox are touring this November covering continental Europe and the UK.
Posted on August 23, 2011 | No Comments“Garden of Fainting Stars”, the latest album by The Book of Knots, came accompanied (and I quote) “it’s a bit weird”. That as maybe, but what a release! This instalment, the last of in the bands “By Sea, By Land, By Air” trilogy, from Matthias...
Posted on August 14, 2011 | No CommentsSouthern California band Retox has triggered an enthused excitement in the three months, as short and as blistering as their songs, since their live debut. The fact that a couple of the band also grace The Locust was an intriguing invite to check out the...