- OPM – Golden State of Mind
- The Red Paintings, Rouge Fonce & Solkyri @ The Espy, Melbourne – June 15, 2013
- Dark Tranquillity – Construct
- Palms – Palms
- Sannhet – Known Flood
- Sons Of Aeon – Sons Of Aeon
- Delain – Interlude
- Queensrÿche – Queensrÿche
- The Pineapple Thief – Build A World
- Black Sabbath – 13
- Ramlord – Crippled Minds, Sundered Wisdom
- My Ruin – The Sacred Mood
- Immolation – Kingdom of Conspiracy
- Interview – Trash McSweeney Of The Red Paintings Talks To ThisIsNotAScene (Part two)
- Monochromie – Enlighten Yourself While You Sleep
- Skid Row & Ugly Kid Joe Announce UK/European Tour Dates
- Earsplit PR & ThisIsNotAScene Team Up To Stream Latest Album From Be'lakor, "Of Breath and Bone"
- Universal To Release Jimi Hendrix: The Guitar Hero (Director's Cut) DVD/Blu-Ray
- Earsplit PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team Up to Offer The Latest Release From Thinning The Herd, "Freedom From The Known"
- Sound Of Contact Offer Video Teaser For Upcoming Album "Dimensionaut" & First Single 'Not Coming down'
- Journey, Whitesnake and Thunder UK Tour
- Viral Propaganda PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team to Stream the latest Album from Scarred
- Earsplit PR Teams With ThisIsNotAScene To Stream The Debut Album From In The Silence, A Fair Dream Gone Mad
- Slayer's Jeff Hanneman Passes Away
- Record Label Launch - Cruel Nature Records
- World Premier of ‘Trakthor’, from Zolle's Self Titled Release
- Clutch To Return To The UK In July
- Earsplit PR & ThisIsNotAScene Team Up To Stream The Latest Album From The Unclean, "The Eagle"
- Coilguns Announce UK Tour Dates & Release 'Commuters' Studio Report Part 2
- ThisIsNotAScene Presents An Exclusive Stream Of 7 Weeks Latest Album 'Carnivora'
Posted on April 2, 2013 | 12 CommentsAlright the Captain is a three-piece UK band with a van that works less often than it runs. They create noisy math/post/jazz rock and are heading off for another tour of Europe, presumably in that van. We will be reviewing their latest release “Conversational Skills For the Socially...
Posted on November 16, 2012 | 1 CommentBased in Lisbon, Portugal, Katabatic released their first EP “Vago” in 2006. After touring the country and providing support for a number of Portuguese bands, their first full length release “Heavy Water” is symptomatic of a band that are secure now with their identity and...
Posted on November 2, 2012 | 2 CommentsCanada’s Bison B.C have carved out a comfortable niche for themselves bridging the gulf between post-metal sludge in the vein of Pelican and Neurosis and the upstart breed of US bands, including Kylesa, Red Fang and Baroness, who blend the best of heavy metal, stoner...
Posted on August 4, 2012 | No Comments“Elements” is the debut mini-album from Eschar, a four-piece instrumental rock outfit from Guildford in the United Kingdom. Released in April of this year, it’s the culmination of over two years of work that have seen the band evolve from a three-piece desperately searching for...
Posted on June 24, 2012 | No CommentsThe crushing Southern Lord label tour featuring ENABLER, BURNING LOVE, MARTYRDÖD and BLACK BREATH kicked off in Seattle, with special guest headliners for the evening, POISON IDEA! In celebration the kickoff of this incredible tour, today Cvlt Nation is hosting a crushing Southern Lord label...
Posted on May 5, 2012 | 1 CommentHeraclitus of Ephesus wrote, ‘You can never step in the same river twice; for new waters are always flowing onto you.’ He could have been describing Belgian trio Terraformer’s debut album, “The Sea Shaper”. It’s a constantly moving, ever-evolving thing which never settles on one...
Posted on April 18, 2012 | No CommentsAny town or city on an Easter Monday can be devoid of stimulation or enthusiasm. Thankfully the Brudenell Social Club, in Headingley, provided some respite for those hungry for inspiration. The venue itself is welcoming, and provides a sense of the audience being engaged with...
Posted on April 17, 2012 | No CommentsEveryone wants to talk about the good old days, so let’s talk about them. Sleep Maps are a progressive, post-rock, space rock band. Mining the veins of genre tradition of their great forebears like Isis and Russian Circles, Sleep Maps go beyond their influences, channelling them...
Posted on April 7, 2012 | No CommentsIt has been a while since I have heard any activity from our post rock chums Pelican. Fortunately, after being in the wilderness for 3 years they have decided to grace us with their presence once more – this time in the form of the...
Posted on January 12, 2012 | No CommentsThunderous post-instrumental outfit Pelican have announced the long awaited follow-up to their sprawling 2009 full length “What We All Come To Need,” a new four song EP “Ataraxia/Taraxis” to be released on Southern Lord on April 9. With members now residing in separate cities, the...