- OPM – Golden State of Mind
- The Red Paintings, Rouge Fonce & Solkyri @ The Espy, Melbourne – June 15, 2013
- Dark Tranquillity – Construct
- Palms – Palms
- Sannhet – Known Flood
- Sons Of Aeon – Sons Of Aeon
- Delain – Interlude
- Queensrÿche – Queensrÿche
- The Pineapple Thief – Build A World
- Black Sabbath – 13
- Ramlord – Crippled Minds, Sundered Wisdom
- My Ruin – The Sacred Mood
- Immolation – Kingdom of Conspiracy
- Interview – Trash McSweeney Of The Red Paintings Talks To ThisIsNotAScene (Part two)
- Monochromie – Enlighten Yourself While You Sleep
- Earsplit PR & ThisIsNotAScene Team Up To Stream Latest Album From Be'lakor, "Of Breath and Bone"
- Universal To Release Jimi Hendrix: The Guitar Hero (Director's Cut) DVD/Blu-Ray
- Earsplit PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team Up to Offer The Latest Release From Thinning The Herd, "Freedom From The Known"
- Sound Of Contact Offer Video Teaser For Upcoming Album "Dimensionaut" & First Single 'Not Coming down'
- Journey, Whitesnake and Thunder UK Tour
- Viral Propaganda PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team to Stream the latest Album from Scarred
- Earsplit PR Teams With ThisIsNotAScene To Stream The Debut Album From In The Silence, A Fair Dream Gone Mad
- Slayer's Jeff Hanneman Passes Away
- Record Label Launch - Cruel Nature Records
- World Premier of ‘Trakthor’, from Zolle's Self Titled Release
- Clutch To Return To The UK In July
- Earsplit PR & ThisIsNotAScene Team Up To Stream The Latest Album From The Unclean, "The Eagle"
- Coilguns Announce UK Tour Dates & Release 'Commuters' Studio Report Part 2
- ThisIsNotAScene Presents An Exclusive Stream Of 7 Weeks Latest Album 'Carnivora'
- Godsized '11th Hour' Tour Diary (Part 1)
Posted on April 30, 2013 | 5 CommentsSan Franciscan natives Orchid have been plugging away since 2007, releasing an EP and a full-length album before signing to Nuclear Blast last year. Their first release for their new label was a ten-inch EP entitled “Heretic”, which came fully dressed up in 70’s psychedelia...
Posted on March 21, 2013 | 1 CommentAmidst band practice, day jobs and hectic life schedules, friends Rachel Brown, Chris Dialogue and Andrew Jude of New York’s Archon took the time to talk with me about their new album “Ouroboros Collapsing” and the creative process behind it all. How do you feel that Archon’s...
Posted on November 3, 2012 | No CommentsWe sent Gilbert from ThisIsNotAScene to interview Fabrice Cornille from French progressive stoner rock band Glowsun. We’ve made a couple of small changes to the wording of the responses, recognising that Fabrice‘s English is still a thousand times better than Gilbert‘s French. Glowsun has seen...
Posted on October 15, 2012 | 1 CommentOh boy, did I have fun reviewing this record from French three-piece Glowsun. Built on song after song of heavy bass and drums, down-tuned guitar riffs and great use of pedals and technique, this is a psychedelic stoner metal adventure that never grows boring, never...
Posted on September 23, 2012 | No CommentsFew titles could be as apt for a Doom Metal record as Sons of Otis’s “Seismic”. The long, slow and hard approach that characterises both the genre and the science of plate tectonics is reflected in the history of the Toronto-based outfit who have been...
Posted on August 9, 2012 | No CommentsWhen Fen’s “Of Losing Interest” started spinning on my iPod, I was a happy camper. I thought I had accidentally put in an old Tool album. Then a minute later some wicked groovy guitar playing kicked in; very metal. Fen’s “Of Losing Interest” is groove...
Posted on August 5, 2012 | No CommentsAny of you out there with a love of the kind of fuzzed-up, psychedelic hard rock that sounds like the musicians have never left the late 1960’s are in for a treat with this self-titled release from Seremonia. The only element that may prove a...
Posted on August 3, 2012 | No CommentsAnother illegible band logo, another black metal band, this time Nachtmystium who, despite the name, are from the US and led by guitarist/vocalist Blake Judd. I can’t be any more specific because the band’s bio neglects to mention anything useful like this. Hey ho. One...
Posted on July 27, 2012 | No CommentsThat the Pacific Northwest of the USA has emerged as a hotbed of avant-garde black metal shouldn’t really come as a surprise to anyone. With its artistically vibrant affluent urban communities set against a backdrop of gloomy forests, towering mountains and relentless rain, the similarities...
Posted on July 15, 2012 | No CommentsGlowsun rocks under the banner of Napalm Records / Spinning Goblin Productions! In addition, the debut of the French psychedelic stoner rockers is available on vinyl for the very first time. Both editions are limited to only 100 copies each and can be ordered through...
Posted on July 13, 2012 | No CommentsOn their first full-length album “Bacchanale Premiere,” Finland’s Vinum Sabbatum strip their doom-flavoured hard rock right down to achieve a sonically sparse yet atmospheric 70s feel, reminiscent of Black Sabbath and early Judas Priest. This kind of retro-sounding production, currently also favoured by Swedish rising...
Posted on April 5, 2012 | No CommentsFormed in 2004 Torche are band who have picked up quite a bit of critical acclaim in their eight years of existence, producing two albums that have been very well received from fans and critics alike. ”Harmonicraft”, album number three, follows on from 2008’s “Meanderthal”,...
Posted on April 5, 2012 | No CommentsTo my acute embarrassment I have only recently (in the last year or so) started listening to the Cocteau Twins. I find their soundscapes fascinating and have, if I may confess, become a wee bit obsessed with their sound and especially Liz Fraser’s vocals… and...
Posted on March 28, 2012 | No CommentsIf you’ve been into the rock and metal scenes for a considerable amount of time like myself, you will find that quite often it can become a blur. One thing sounds like another thing, this band has riffs similar to that band, the vocals in...