- Solisia – UniverSeasons
- Device – Device
- Trucker Diablo – Songs of Iron
- Utopium – Vicious Consolation/Virtuous Totality
- Steve Rathbone Of Lair Of The Minotaur Talks With ThisIsNotAScene
- Demon Lung – The Hundredth Name
- Amorphis – Circle
- Gates Of Hell – Critical Obsession
- Master Musicians of Bukkake – Far West
- Chasing Dragons – Take Flight For A Firefight
- Airbourne – Black Dog Barking
- Sound Of Contact – Dimensionaut
- Malefice – V
- Children of Bodom – Halo of Blood
- Mad Hatter 2.0 – Deconstruct
- Earsplit PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team Up to Offer The Latest Release From Thinning The Herd, "Freedom From The Known"
- Sound Of Contact Offer Video Teaser For Upcoming Album "Dimensionaut" & First Single 'Not Coming down'
- Journey, Whitesnake and Thunder UK Tour
- Viral Propaganda PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team to Stream the latest Album from Scarred
- Earsplit PR Teams With ThisIsNotAScene To Stream The Debut Album From In The Silence, A Fair Dream Gone Mad
- Slayer's Jeff Hanneman Passes Away
- Record Label Launch - Cruel Nature Records
- World Premier of ‘Trakthor’, from Zolle's Self Titled Release
- Clutch To Return To The UK In July
- Earsplit PR & ThisIsNotAScene Team Up To Stream The Latest Album From The Unclean, "The Eagle"
- Coilguns Announce UK Tour Dates & Release 'Commuters' Studio Report Part 2
- ThisIsNotAScene Presents An Exclusive Stream Of 7 Weeks Latest Album 'Carnivora'
- Godsized '11th Hour' Tour Diary (Part 1)
- Godsized Release New Video, Free Single & UK/European Tour
- Bay Area Thrashers Heathen Announce One-Off Show In London
Relapse Records Archive
Posted on May 21, 2012 | No CommentsA bolt from the blue is Royal Thunder’s extraordinary full length debut entitled “CVI”! The ten track album clocks in a straight dose of blues infused with metal and euphoric rock ‘n’ roll. Despite having a female vocalist, “CVI” packs dexterity like no other – a...
Posted on April 27, 2012 | No CommentsFormed in California in 1992 and disbanding in 2004 and reforming in 2007 is quite a history already. Through time before and after disbanding line up shuffles occurred but were able to land a deal with Relapse Records and release their “debut” in 2009 and...
Posted on April 17, 2012 | No CommentsInverloch, the Australian death/doom band with Matthew Skarajew (guitar) and Paul Mazziotta (drums) from the ashes of diSEMBOWELMENT, alongside Ben James (vocals), Mark Cullen (guitar) and Tony Bryant (bass), had set out to create what they intended to be a mini-LP. What resulted was “Dusk...
Posted on April 7, 2012 | No CommentsWhat can you say about Death? One of the most important bands in the history of death metal, Chuck Schuldiner and his various lineups continue to exercise a profound influence throughout not only every subgenre of death metal proper but beyond into other forms of...
Posted on March 17, 2012 | No CommentsWhen the first thing you see on a band’s Last.FM page is a figure like Fenriz of Darkthrone proclaiming his love and admiration for them and how they play the exact way he enjoys, you can assume that this could be worth a look. This...
Posted on February 27, 2012 | 1 CommentIn the eighties Los Angeles was the epicentre of the dreadful glam rock/hair metal movement, with Poison, Cinderella and Dokken being some of its worst abominations. Nowadays, it’s the home of one the finest outfits in death metal today, namely Abysmal Dawn. With two critically...
Posted on February 26, 2012 | 1 CommentSpawn Of Possession is a Swedish death metal band from the Kalmar area. Due to various line-up changes it took this outfit six years to come up with a new record. The Relapse Records press release hails this album as a “headspinning masterpiece of technically...
Posted on January 16, 2012 | No CommentsHailing from Los Angeles the death metal trio, Abysmal Dawn, has been assaulting our ears with their hard driving metal since 2004. They released their third full length CD in 2011, and to compliment this and their current tour the band and Relapse Records have...
Posted on November 14, 2011 | No CommentsFollowing on from their 2010 release “Taste the Sin” Georgia metallers Black Tusk return with more of their formidable metal, thrash and hardcore punk sounds in the blistering shape of fourth album “Set The Dial”, the Savannah trio once more exploding with thumping direct riffs...
Posted on September 29, 2011 | No CommentsAs a celebration of their twentieth anniversary, Maryland trio Dying Fetus have released this strictly limited edition EP featuring covers of some of the bands that influenced the Maryland death metallers. Also released in time for their summer tour across the US with amongst others...
Posted on September 27, 2011 | No CommentsTwenty years after it was originally released, Relapse Records have released a deluxe version of Swedish filth mongers General Surgery’s debut album “Necrology”. To celebrate this anniversary, the album has been completely remastered by Scott Hull. This was the bands first major release after three...
Posted on September 8, 2011 | No CommentsThis week, infamous East Coast grinders BRUTAL TRUTH have lashed out at the public with several devastating new anthems from their upcoming sixth full-length release, End Time, set for North American release via Relapse Records on September 27th.
Posted on August 12, 2011 | No CommentsRelapse Records is proud to announce the signing of the blackened death metal juggernaut Weapon.
Posted on July 30, 2011 | No CommentsTitanic and deeply soiled is probably the most suitable description for the second album from southern metallers Hail!Hornet. The sludge metal super group return with “Disperse The Curse”, an album that was two long years in the making. From the pedigree of the band members...
Posted on July 19, 2011 | No Comments“Entity” is the fifth album from technical death metallers Origin and is the follow up to 2008’s “Antithesis”. This is also their first for Nuclear Blast since leaving long time label Relapse. With a band with a back catalogue as consistently excellent as Origin, every...
Posted on June 29, 2011 | No CommentsIt’s safe to say that Gothenburg metallers Inevitable End would be a challenge too far for many. Their chaotic and brutal blend of death metal/grindcore/hardcore punk, is as welcome as having parts that should be delicately scratched, sandpapered with the coarsest of grades. Their new...
Posted on June 25, 2011 | No CommentsBefore getting this album, I must admit I had very little knowledge of the Spanish extreme metal scene. Although not knowing much of this band previously, a quick look at their discography shows that they have done split EP’s with the likes of Agathocles, Brazilian...
Posted on June 19, 2011 | No CommentsColossal and imposing, two words that only give a hint at the powerful and dramatic wall of sound on “Path Of Totality”, the second album on Relapse Records from Brooklyn band Tombs. Consisting of twelve sonically crushing metal tracks drawing on numerous varied genre sounds...
Posted on June 14, 2011 | No CommentsTOXIC HOLOCAUST has posted a second track, “Bitch”, from their long-awaited new album Conjure and Command online now at the Decibel Magazine blog.
Posted on June 14, 2011 | No CommentsRelapse Records is proud to announce the signing of true American heavy metal warriors CHRISTIAN MISTRESS.