- Malefice – V
- Children of Bodom – Halo of Blood
- Mad Hatter 2.0 – Deconstruct
- Ruined Families – Blank Language
- Fantasist – Fantasist
- Steak Number Eight – The Hutch
- Lifeforms – Multidimensional
- Dan Reed Talks To ThisIsNotAScene
- Honningbarna – Verden Er Enkel
- Woe – Withdrawal
- Bring Me The Horizon – Sempiternal
- Asidefromaday – Chasing Shadows
- Intronaut – Habitual Levitations (Instilling Words With Tones)
- Steve Lawson & Daniel Berkman – Finger Painting
- Paramore – Paramore
- Sound Of Contact Offer Video Teaser For Upcoming Album "Dimensionaut" & First Single 'Not Coming down'
- Journey, Whitesnake and Thunder UK Tour
- Viral Propaganda PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team to Stream the latest Album from Scarred
- Earsplit PR Teams With ThisIsNotAScene To Stream The Debut Album From In The Silence, A Fair Dream Gone Mad
- Slayer's Jeff Hanneman Passes Away
- Record Label Launch - Cruel Nature Records
- World Premier of ‘Trakthor’, from Zolle's Self Titled Release
- Clutch To Return To The UK In July
- Earsplit PR & ThisIsNotAScene Team Up To Stream The Latest Album From The Unclean, "The Eagle"
- Coilguns Announce UK Tour Dates & Release 'Commuters' Studio Report Part 2
- ThisIsNotAScene Presents An Exclusive Stream Of 7 Weeks Latest Album 'Carnivora'
- Godsized '11th Hour' Tour Diary (Part 1)
- Godsized Release New Video, Free Single & UK/European Tour
- Bay Area Thrashers Heathen Announce One-Off Show In London
- SOS Festival 2013 Line-up Complete
Posted on April 9, 2013 | 4 CommentsSodom has a new record, so that basically means that almost all the amazing thrash bands from Germany have released new albums. You might be reading this and thinking “Sodom…they have been around for ages” and you’d be correct. Sodom has been a band for...
Posted on March 20, 2013 | 1 CommentUntimely and tragic deaths are becoming far too frequent an occurrence in the world of rock and heavy metal and Vengeance have not been immune to such tragedy with guitarist Jan Somers unexpectedly passing away in 2011. To their credit, Vengeance have continued and have...
Posted on October 2, 2012 | No CommentsIn the wake of the movie that resurrected the seemingly doomed career of Canadian metallists Anvil, there’s a sense of inevitability about the way in which their back catalogue is being exhumed. Quick buck cash-in, or genuine opportunity for new fans to enjoy the music...
Posted on July 24, 2012 | No CommentsNeal Kay, who could rightly be considered the godfather of The New Wave of British Heavy Metal, says that this is the band and the album he’s been waiting for 30 plus years for. It’s pretty obvious to hear why Neal might be keen. Dublin...
Posted on June 27, 2012 | No CommentsTreading the fine line between Judas Priest’s trad metal intensity and Anthrax’s thrash metal pummelling, Malice are certainly a band who wear their hearts on their sleeves. Emulating your heroes isn’t necessarily a bad thing though, and when you’ve got the chops to actually do...
Posted on June 11, 2012 | No CommentsLeave your brains at the door folks; you definitely won’t need it for the next two hours as Germany’s Fair Warning bring you the cheesiest collection of songs known to mankind. The cynical amongst you would disregard this album as pompous over-the-top cack eternally trapped...
Posted on June 2, 2012 | No CommentsAre you ready to rawk? Well, Evergrey sure hope so with this progressive powerhouse ‘Best of’ collection. “A Decade and a Half” spans a fifteen year career that, whilst operating under the metal radar has been slick from the very beginning. Evergrey have been kicking...
Posted on May 12, 2012 | No CommentsI’m not sure whether to call Frames a post-rock band or not. The best thing, I think, is to say there are, but only part of the time. In that particular realm of guitar-driven instrumental music, genre convention dictates an approach that attempts to lay...
Posted on April 23, 2012 | No CommentsIf I were a Mekong Delta fan I’d probably hate this album. No self-respecting fan wants a band to re-record their old songs. It smacks of desperation and a lack of ideas and is just a bad idea all round. Also, they invariably miss out...
Posted on April 22, 2012 | No CommentsHands up if you can name a female-fronted thrash metal band – done? Now keep your hands up if you didn’t say Arch Enemy. Oh, not many hands left. Didn’t anybody think of Holy Moses? German thrashers Holy Moses celebrate 30 years of making some...
Posted on April 17, 2012 | No CommentsIt isn’t everyday that a new band comes along and its two biggest stars consist of the rhythm section, opposed to maybe the guitarist or even the singer. As Kill Devil Hill include former Pantera and Down bassist Rex Brown and ex Black Sabbath and...
Posted on March 31, 2012 | No CommentsWhen I’m thinking about Tommy Victor and Prong I can’t help to grin somewhat bitterly. In its heyday the band put out some killer records in the form of “Beg To Differ” (1990), “Prove You Wrong” (1991) and “Cleansing”(1994). 1996’s “Rude Awakening” had its moments,...
Posted on December 19, 2011 | No CommentsA Pale Horse Named Death, the new band formed and lead by Sal Abruscato, who released their debut album ‘And Hell Will Follow Me’, on Steamhammer / SPV, in June 2011, have confirmed the following UK and Irish shows next month:- January 20th – DUBLIN...
Posted on August 4, 2011 | No CommentsTouchstone the five-piece rock band with prog/rock/alternative influences have signed an exclusive long term World Wide deal with SPV Records covering new recordings and three back catalogue recordings.Their much-anticipated new album, The City Sleeps, is due to be released on 10th October 2011 on SPV’s...
Posted on June 1, 2011 | 1 CommentThe three years since debut album “Scatter The Crow” from Slaves to Gravity, have dragged for fans of the Londoners, but now with the release of its follow up “Underwaterouterspace”, those eagerly waiting fans should be grinning from ear to ear. They return with 12...
Posted on March 24, 2011 | No CommentsVisceral German punk rockers Radio Dead Ones have signed to SPV to release their raucous, riotous, totally infectious second album, ‘AAA’ on April 18th, and have confirmed a headline UK tour in May
Posted on January 20, 2011 | No CommentsThrash Metal Pioneers’ London Underworld Gig February 6th Follows Huge Acclaim For New ‘In War And Pieces’ Album
Posted on January 20, 2011 | 1 CommentBrazilian Power Metal Band Live In London @ O2 Academy Islington February 26th Following Rave Reviews Of New ‘Aqua’ Album
Posted on January 20, 2011 | 1 CommentZodiac Mindwarp - Tattooed Beat Messiahs’ 8 Date March Uk Tour To Celebrate Thunderous New Album ‘We Are Volsung’ On Spv