- Dark Tranquillity – Construct
- Palms – Palms
- Sannhet – Known Flood
- Sons Of Aeon – Sons Of Aeon
- Delain – Interlude
- Queensrÿche – Queensrÿche
- The Pineapple Thief – Build A World
- Black Sabbath – 13
- Ramlord – Crippled Minds, Sundered Wisdom
- My Ruin – The Sacred Mood
- Immolation – Kingdom of Conspiracy
- Interview – Trash McSweeney Of The Red Paintings Talks To ThisIsNotAScene (Part two)
- Monochromie – Enlighten Yourself While You Sleep
- Bears on Parade – Said My Fist to the Sky, Said My Hand to the Ground
- Wisdom Of Crowds – Wisdom Of Crowds
- Earsplit PR & ThisIsNotAScene Team Up To Stream Latest Album From Be'lakor, "Of Breath and Bone"
- Universal To Release Jimi Hendrix: The Guitar Hero (Director's Cut) DVD/Blu-Ray
- Earsplit PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team Up to Offer The Latest Release From Thinning The Herd, "Freedom From The Known"
- Sound Of Contact Offer Video Teaser For Upcoming Album "Dimensionaut" & First Single 'Not Coming down'
- Journey, Whitesnake and Thunder UK Tour
- Viral Propaganda PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team to Stream the latest Album from Scarred
- Earsplit PR Teams With ThisIsNotAScene To Stream The Debut Album From In The Silence, A Fair Dream Gone Mad
- Slayer's Jeff Hanneman Passes Away
- Record Label Launch - Cruel Nature Records
- World Premier of ‘Trakthor’, from Zolle's Self Titled Release
- Clutch To Return To The UK In July
- Earsplit PR & ThisIsNotAScene Team Up To Stream The Latest Album From The Unclean, "The Eagle"
- Coilguns Announce UK Tour Dates & Release 'Commuters' Studio Report Part 2
- ThisIsNotAScene Presents An Exclusive Stream Of 7 Weeks Latest Album 'Carnivora'
- Godsized '11th Hour' Tour Diary (Part 1)
Technical Death Metal Archive
Posted on April 23, 2013 | 1 CommentAra is a Milwaukee based death metal band, coming together around 2012, after they all wanted a more aggressive outlet. All the members have been playing around the Milwaukee metal scene for some 12 years. So, although Ara may be a new incarnation, the members...
Posted on April 16, 2013 | 1 CommentFeaturing an assortment of Norwegian musicians and the odd guest appearance from some underground household names, Okular could not truly be labelled a supergroup, but their collective approach to composition and recording eschews the traditional method, with all composition and lyrics by Andreas Aubert while...
Posted on February 19, 2013 | 4 CommentsOne of the little joys in life is getting something unexpected for free. Whether it is free food, free beer, or free music, it is greatly appreciated. However; one of the pitfalls of said free goods is its quality. That being said, it is pretty...
Posted on October 10, 2012 | No CommentsTechnical death metal is a genre that is getting harder and harder to break into…or better said, to break out of. Icelandic shredders Ophidian I are some of the latest entrants in the “who is playing all those notes?” stakes. I kept having to listen...
Posted on August 16, 2012 | 1 CommentThere was a time when Cryptopsy was seen as the flagship of the Montreal extreme metal scene. “None So Vile”, “Whisper Supremacy” and “..And Then You’ll Beg” are still essential records in the extreme metal gene. “The Unspoken King” (2008) was the beginning of the...
Posted on July 30, 2012 | No Comments“Son of Perdition,” the new album from US band Wretched is a mighty assault upon the senses which is a grower rather than an instant triumph. Initial contact with the ear is certainly strong but strangely slightly underwhelming at times but given time and opportunity...
Posted on July 19, 2012 | 1 CommentTaking their cue from early Death and Carcass, Italian death metal crew Beyond the Gates follow up their “Soul Crisis” mini-album with this full-length effort that showcases a more technical progression to their music. But is that really a good thing? Whilst technical death metal...
Posted on July 2, 2012 | No CommentsFollowing their previous release three years ago with “Descent into Depravity”, Maryland’s Dying Fetus have been crushing audiences around the world with their own brand of technical death metal. Despite a number of line up changes, John Gallagher has held together a trio of musicians...
Posted on June 30, 2012 | No CommentsAn unexpected heat wave settled on the streets of Sheffield, with picnics and beer gardens crammed on every street corner. Fixed to tear down the walls, the most talked-about quartet of 2012, Gojira were set to bring their eager onlookers the ride of their lives...
Posted on May 13, 2012 | No CommentsHailing from France, Reverence deal in a slightly industrialised tone of black metal, stepping away from their earlier works of pure black metal nihilism. Slicing huge synth lines into the proceedings of “The Asthenic Ascension” and opening track ‘Earth’ to create a wonderfully claustrophobic ambience, Reverence bear similarities to...
Posted on April 19, 2012 | No CommentsAllegaeon is a five piece outfit hailing from the Rocky Mountains specifically Denver area. These gentlemen set the world on its ear with their debut LP “Fragments of Form and Function”. Their new brutal truth, “Formshifter”, is set to descend upon the globe in early...
Posted on January 18, 2012 | No CommentsMany metal fans associate Norway for their Black Metal but not this band. I’m talking about the band Okular. Formed in Oslo, Norway they have been producing and implementing some of the most brutal and earth shattering death metal for the followers of the genre....
Posted on January 16, 2012 | No CommentsHailing from Los Angeles the death metal trio, Abysmal Dawn, has been assaulting our ears with their hard driving metal since 2004. They released their third full length CD in 2011, and to compliment this and their current tour the band and Relapse Records have...
Posted on July 19, 2011 | No Comments“Entity” is the fifth album from technical death metallers Origin and is the follow up to 2008’s “Antithesis”. This is also their first for Nuclear Blast since leaving long time label Relapse. With a band with a back catalogue as consistently excellent as Origin, every...