- Master Musicians of Bukkake – Far West
- Chasing Dragons – Take Flight For A Firefight
- Airbourne – Black Dog Barking
- Sound Of Contact – Dimensionaut
- Malefice – V
- Children of Bodom – Halo of Blood
- Mad Hatter 2.0 – Deconstruct
- Ruined Families – Blank Language
- Fantasist – Fantasist
- Steak Number Eight – The Hutch
- Lifeforms – Multidimensional
- Dan Reed Talks To ThisIsNotAScene
- Honningbarna – Verden Er Enkel
- Woe – Withdrawal
- Bring Me The Horizon – Sempiternal
- Sound Of Contact Offer Video Teaser For Upcoming Album "Dimensionaut" & First Single 'Not Coming down'
- Journey, Whitesnake and Thunder UK Tour
- Viral Propaganda PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team to Stream the latest Album from Scarred
- Earsplit PR Teams With ThisIsNotAScene To Stream The Debut Album From In The Silence, A Fair Dream Gone Mad
- Slayer's Jeff Hanneman Passes Away
- Record Label Launch - Cruel Nature Records
- World Premier of ‘Trakthor’, from Zolle's Self Titled Release
- Clutch To Return To The UK In July
- Earsplit PR & ThisIsNotAScene Team Up To Stream The Latest Album From The Unclean, "The Eagle"
- Coilguns Announce UK Tour Dates & Release 'Commuters' Studio Report Part 2
- ThisIsNotAScene Presents An Exclusive Stream Of 7 Weeks Latest Album 'Carnivora'
- Godsized '11th Hour' Tour Diary (Part 1)
- Godsized Release New Video, Free Single & UK/European Tour
- Bay Area Thrashers Heathen Announce One-Off Show In London
- SOS Festival 2013 Line-up Complete
Posted on September 22, 2012 | 1 CommentRay from ThisIsNotAScene continues his love affair with French Metal as he sits down with Eryn Non Dae.’s bassist Mickaël André to talk about their new release “Meliora” and the French metal scene in general. Hi there and thank you for doing this interview. Are...
Posted on September 21, 2012 | No CommentsLocrian are one of those drone/ambient types of “metal” bands that people either love or hate. Now, I for one, have never been a huge fan of albums that have all sorts of odd sounds put together with no distinguishable actual song. It’s all right...
Posted on July 31, 2012 | No CommentsA new album by Dutch atmospheric rock outfit The Gathering is always something to look forward to. “Disclosure”, the band’s latest album can easily rival with Ulver’s “War Of The Roses” and Anathema’s “Weather Systems”. I had the pleasure of having a friendly chat with...
Posted on July 25, 2012 | No CommentsDutch atmospheric rock outfit The Gathering has always been something of a hidden gem. They have an intensely loyal fanbase, but they never managed to really break through to a mainstream audience. The Gathering is all about artistic integrity and their latest album, entitled “Disclosure”...
Posted on July 10, 2012 | No Comments“Dark Age” by Mothlite is a fascinating exercise in widening musical horizons, its mix of electronica, modern rhythms and ‘80s influences combining to produce a subtle, multi-layered album. This is the band’s second album, following 2008’s “The Flax Of Reverie”, and is once again the...
Posted on June 30, 2012 | No CommentsChris from ThisIsNotAScene got to experience the latest offering from Valkiria, “Here The Day Comes,” and was struck by its unique time phase based journey concept. So much so, that Chris got to catch up with the band and talk all things band and new...
Posted on June 11, 2012 | No CommentsIt has been a year since Norwegian Black Metallers Ulver released the celebrated “War of the Roses” album, and it has been an audacious move to release “Childhood’s End” as a follow up. Producing an album of cover versions of psychedelic tunes from the sixties,...
Posted on May 20, 2012 | No CommentsExperimental music, I’m all for it. It triggers the imagination, pushes the creative envelope and it keeps musical genres alive and relevant. Coming from a hard rock and metal background I don’t have anything against bands like Motorhead, AC/DC and Manowar (well, being a parody...
Posted on April 27, 2012 | No CommentsIt is often the case that an unassuming release, one of a band that you are not familiar with prior to hearing, and one that has seemingly received very little attention can be one that is a joyous discovery. This has certainly been the case...
Posted on April 24, 2012 | No CommentsOver the past several years, a very interesting form of Black Metal has occurred – a strange but very enjoyable mutation that I believe may have been caused by Ulver, Agalloch, and Negura Bunget, or at least they’re the earliest example I can think of...
Posted on April 10, 2012 | No CommentsThere are bands that evolve over time and there is Ulver, a Norwegian experimental outfit which very name is synonymous for change and (musical) evolution. Nowadays it’s hard to believe this merry gang started out as a grim black metal band. Since the release of...
Posted on October 22, 2011 | No CommentsI would like to thank Bay Area cult Ordo Obsidium for finally slapping me out of my writer’s block, a paralyzing sense of laziness and fear that has been plaguing me for the past two weeks. “Orbis Tertius”, their impressive debut, was exactly what I...
Posted on August 31, 2011 | No Comments“Where Distant Spirits Remain”, the debut album from Scottish duo Falloch is destined to make its impression on an ever increasing swell of eager attention once it reveals its glory September 26th via Candlelight Records. The freshness and engrossing sound that permeates from its enchanting...
Posted on August 7, 2011 | No CommentsLeprous is a Norwegian progressive/avant-garde metal band with an impressive track record. They have released three studio albums and they served as Ihsahn‘s backing band while supporting his After record. “Bilateral” is the title of their fourth musical instalment, so let’s see what it has...
Posted on June 1, 2011 | No CommentsReformed industrial metal pioneers GODFLESH head up the latest bookings for Damnation Festival 2011, alongside God Is An Astronaut and Alter Of Plagues.
Posted on May 10, 2011 | No CommentsAVANT-GARDE Norwegians ULVER will play their first and only UK show outside London when they headline the Terrorizer Stage at Damnation Festival.