- Chasing Dragons – Take Flight For A Firefight
- Airbourne – Black Dog Barking
- Sound Of Contact – Dimensionaut
- Malefice – V
- Children of Bodom – Halo of Blood
- Mad Hatter 2.0 – Deconstruct
- Ruined Families – Blank Language
- Fantasist – Fantasist
- Steak Number Eight – The Hutch
- Lifeforms – Multidimensional
- Dan Reed Talks To ThisIsNotAScene
- Honningbarna – Verden Er Enkel
- Woe – Withdrawal
- Bring Me The Horizon – Sempiternal
- Asidefromaday – Chasing Shadows
- Sound Of Contact Offer Video Teaser For Upcoming Album "Dimensionaut" & First Single 'Not Coming down'
- Journey, Whitesnake and Thunder UK Tour
- Viral Propaganda PR and ThisIsNotAScene Team to Stream the latest Album from Scarred
- Earsplit PR Teams With ThisIsNotAScene To Stream The Debut Album From In The Silence, A Fair Dream Gone Mad
- Slayer's Jeff Hanneman Passes Away
- Record Label Launch - Cruel Nature Records
- World Premier of ‘Trakthor’, from Zolle's Self Titled Release
- Clutch To Return To The UK In July
- Earsplit PR & ThisIsNotAScene Team Up To Stream The Latest Album From The Unclean, "The Eagle"
- Coilguns Announce UK Tour Dates & Release 'Commuters' Studio Report Part 2
- ThisIsNotAScene Presents An Exclusive Stream Of 7 Weeks Latest Album 'Carnivora'
- Godsized '11th Hour' Tour Diary (Part 1)
- Godsized Release New Video, Free Single & UK/European Tour
- Bay Area Thrashers Heathen Announce One-Off Show In London
- SOS Festival 2013 Line-up Complete
Melodic Metal Archive
Posted on April 5, 2013 | 1 CommentAt what point should a band cease to use their original moniker and seek a new name? In the case of bands like Queensryche, this question is currently causing all sorts of confusion and the least said about Guns N’ Roses over recent years the...
Posted on November 2, 2012 | 1 CommentFormed in the late 80’sLong Island’s Maelstrom has had quite a journey to get to this point of “It Was Predestined”. They have always been a blend of styles and to this day have remained as such. Although only an EP, this is quite an...
Posted on August 14, 2012 | No CommentsIn the eight years that have passed since Jari Mäenpää left to form Wintersun, Finnish folk metallers Ensiferum have struggled to recapture the glory of their musical high water mark, 2004’s “Iron”. While Jari has spent the intervening years labouring on Wintersun’s sophomore record “Time”,...
Posted on August 6, 2012 | No CommentsIn This Moment are frustratingly inconsistent band, one that cant quite decide what type of band they want to be. Sometimes they want to be straight up heavy, some times they want to be pop rock and then there are times when they try and...
Posted on July 26, 2012 | No CommentsWith its seductive vocals, polished technicalities and dark symphonies, Xandria’s album “Neverworld’s End” is a sovereign gem! It reigns supreme amongst the orchestral textures and is reminiscent of a movie soundtrack that is yet to be made. With every track focused on vocals, rhythm and...
Posted on May 14, 2012 | No CommentsNya formed in London in 2008 having clearly decided that what the world needs is another Lacuna Coil. Recently recruiting new vocalist Anezka Piska they have just released their second self-titled EP and it’s a valiant effort to match the aforementioned female fronted heavyweights, just...
Posted on May 4, 2012 | No CommentsFemale-fronted Dutch metal band Sin7sins are back with their second album “Carnival Of No Tomorrow” which comes out in less than two weeks, so let’s find out if it’s any good! The first thing that strikes me about this album is the cover. With an...
Posted on April 2, 2012 | No CommentsOriginally released in 2010, Aperion’s debut album “Act of Hybris” has been getting more attention in North America some time after it’s initial appearance. The band, who are based in Slovenia, have a surprisingly full and orchestral sound. With eight full-time members, they are know...
Posted on March 10, 2012 | No CommentsTo kick things off with Twitrfest II was Birmingham’s Valous. With their infectious riffs and the variety in Mat Shutt’s vocal work, the day got off to a great start, despite the early kick off of the festival. You could hear many influences in the Valous sound, but...
Posted on January 12, 2012 | No CommentsGreek melodic metallers Firewind , lead by guitar wizard and Ozzy Osbourne band member Gus G., can now proudly reveal to have signed a new worldwide deal (excluding North America) with their long-time partners Century Media Records. Gus G. checked in from the studio to...
Posted on December 23, 2011 | No CommentsLacuna Coil. If those two words strike fear into your heart then this review probably isn’t for you, however if you are a fan of Lacuna Coil then feel free to keep reading. There are a lot of people in the world that like Lacuna...
Posted on December 22, 2011 | No Comments“End of the Chayot” is an amazing offering from the band Koloss. Not only was it self released, but the band themselves recorded it. Everything from mic placement to engineering to mixing to mastering was all done by Koloss. What kind of quality do you...
Posted on November 9, 2011 | No CommentsHailing from Florida and having formed in the mid 1980’s these metal crazy maniacs, Iced Earth, have been at this game a long time. Despite achieving wider success across the pond than in their homeland, they still have a loyal fan base here in the...
Posted on May 20, 2011 | No CommentsFrom the moment, bassist and principal songwriter, Scotsman Paul Logue and American vocalist Michael Eden started in 2006, their plan to create a group of the best musicians to realise their music had begun. With the subsequent release of their self-titled debut album with the...